- Dr. Novella on The Debate Hour
- Astronomers Discover Most Earth-Like Planet So Far
- Pill for Genetic Diseases
- EU Criminalizes Holocaust Denial -sort of
Bacterial Flagella Follow up
- Steve,Just listened to your podcast of 4/18 while working in my office. Great work, but I have a little nit to pick. The bacterial flagellum paper that you cited is apparently not so good and does not really show what it purports to show, thanks to problems using the BLAST algorithm. You may want to take a look at: www.pandasthumb.org/archives/2007/04/flagellum_evolu_1.htmlwww.pandasthumb.org/archives/2007/04/update_on_pnas.htmlwww.pandasthumb.org/archives/2007/04/flagellum_evolu_3.htmlDave (AKA Orac)
- I am curious about the claims of the alcor life extention foundation being able to preserve bodies in a cold process without freezing called vitrification. This works without actually freezing at the cellular level. This apparently is already being used for their members and they have over 80 members currently in stasis. Is this science or not? There faq can be found at www.alcor.org/FAQs/faq02.html.Roy HuffUSA
Science or Fiction
China claims it will use weather control to ensure sunny days for its 2008 Olympic Games.
Researchers have discovered that by compressing water at the nano-scale it will behave as if it were metal.
Scientists have discovered a giant fossilized rainforest as big as a city in the middle of Illinois.